Let’s talk about new construction. We’ll discuss the advantages, challenges, and how the process works.
New construction is very popular right now in the Savannah area. Many homebuyers are building and purchasing brand new homes. Here are a few advantages that come with that:
1. A brand new home. A brand new home comes with a brand new roof, brand new systems, and brand new everything.
2. Customization. Oftentimes, you’ll get to pick certain finishes, flooring, countertops, and more when buying your brand new home. Builders give you plenty of options and you can customize the home as you see fit.
3. Equity. This is one that not a lot of people think about. If you’re able to get in on the front end of a new subdivision, the price you pay for will often be a lot less than the price that other homeowners pay once the subdivision starts to grow. If prices go up due to demand, then you have built-in equity to take advantage of.
“A home inspection is essential, even with a newly built home.”
Now, let’s take a closer look at a few challenges you might face if you’re thinking about buying a new home:
1. Home inspection. Even though the home is brand-new, the builder isn’t immune to making mistakes and you should do your due diligence before buying by having a home inspection done on the property.
2. Over-building. In an area where a lot of the homes are similar, over-building and over-customizing might lessen your home’s value. When it’s time for you to re-sell your home, the most expensive finishes might not translate to the highest sale price down the road. We want you to have everything you desire, but be aware that at some point when you sell the home, over-investing in custom finishes will result in you not getting your money back.
We hope that these tips are helpful to you. If you have any questions in the meantime or want to take a look at some brand new homes that are on the market right now, don’t hesitate to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.